If you need equine veterinarian services, we can come to your farm, stable, or other location on appointment. We understand that it’s not convenient to bring your horse to Hammond Veterinary Hospital, so we bring our services to you.
If you have multiple farm animals that need checkups, you can schedule them all at once. Here’s a closer look at the equine veterinarian services we provide.
Equine Veterinarian Services
We provide the following equine veterinary services for our clients in the Marlow, OK area:
- Onsite/Farm Calls: Schedule an appointment and we’ll come to your location.
- X-Rays & Diagnostic Imaging: We can take and analyze X-rays immediately on your farm for faster diagnosis.
- Lameness Exams: Includes physical exam, palpating limbs & joints, and evaluating the horse in motion. May also include X-rays & ultrasound.
- Ultrasound: Digital ultrasound allows us to examine many internal organs & systems, including the heart, lungs, reproductive organs, liver, kidneys, and more.
- Reproduction Services: Our full range of reproductive services includes everything from artificial insemination to C-section or delivery, in addition to equine spaying or neutering.
- Vaccination: All the core vaccinations to keep your horses safe and ready for transport across state lines for shows if needed.
- Preventive Care: Annual exams help to keep your horses safe and healthy, and allows the equine veterinarian to develop a closer doctor-patient relationship with the animals. In addition to an annual physical exam, we provide nutritional consultation, keep vaccinations up-to-date, and take care of deworming protocols and other equine health issues.
- Online Store: Our online store allows you to order supplies, medications, and more for your horse’s care.
Alternative Equine Therapies
We also offer a couple of specialized alternative therapies for horses and other large animals: acupuncture and laser therapy. Traditional veterinary medicine doesn’t offer many viable pain management tools for some large animals. We offer these safe and non-invasive services to any of our clients when their animal is in pain.
- Acupuncture: Needle acupuncture can aid in recovery from a number of equine ailments. This includes arthritis, lameness, sacropelvic disorders, back pain, tendon injuries, and certain respiratory and immunological disorders.
- Laser Therapy: A low-frequency laser light is aimed at the affected part of the horse’s body (usually an injury or joint). This triggers a process called photobiomodulation, which in turn accelerates new cell regeneration, increases circulation, and aids in collagen formation.